In English this week, Rowan class have been consolidating their learning about non-chronological reports. They collaborated on research projects about five historical black British figures;
– Septimius Severus (the first African Roman Emperor)
– John Blanke (a trumpeter for King Henry VII and King Henry VIII)
– Mary Seacole (Jamaican born nurse who helped soldiers during Crimean War)
– Walter Tull (first black officer in the British army during WW1)
– Claudia Jones (an activist and journalist, founder of Nottinghill Carnival)
Each table group focused on one historical figure and found some amazing facts which they will be writing up in their non-chronological reports.